.

"I Spy Fall" and "Happy Thanksgiving!"

Tuesday, November 24, 2009
My son is out of school this week and so we've been keeping busy playing racecar games and doing yoga in the living room and visiting the library.  We've also been playing "I Spy Fall" - yes, people, it has finally come to Florida.  I know I kept saying it was here and the next day it would be 85 degrees again and the grass would have to be mowed again but no - it's really here now.  I took some photos to prove it! 

 i'm so cheesy but "yay - i finally achieved beautiful bokeh!"




see...the leaves are actually falling off the trees - yes, it's fall now


the mysterious Asian tree out back has begun to "orange-ify"


a closer look into the mysterious Asian tree...



Today we started preparations for Thanksgiving, which is now going on it's second year taking place at "our place". My husband and I love to eat but two thanksgiving dinners in one day was a little much even for us - thus both sides of the family combine to create one big happy, kooky unit. We fry our turkey out back as the Macy's Day parade plays on the t.v. (look out for Choctawhatchee Highschool this year - they're locals!) and make up a big huge buffet of Thanksgiving goodness. My son is really into Native American Indians right now so we made feather headbands and Wampums (Indian belts) in celebration of the holiday. Here's a peak :



We hope you all have a wonderful  Thanksgiving and don't stuff yourselves too much.  I only have one last thing to say : Only 30 more shopping days 'til Christmas!


0 comments: