.

Let There Be Light...

Monday, August 16, 2010
Sooooo, according to the amazing-ness that is my sweet, loving husband - and a lot of hard work - I have finally gotten my first attachable flash unit!  A Canon Speedlite 580EX II!!!  I am so freaking excited - I'm nearly jumping out of my skin right now - every little, teeny step might seem so trivial to some, but to me, it's just one step closer to all my hopes and dreams and goals becoming tangible!  And I know all of this about what makes a good photographer is the "eye" and the "vision" - but investing in great equipment sure doesn't hurt either!  Plumb Photography is SO extremely thrilled to be able to offer our clients even better quality photos!

 I want to show you a little of what I played around with tonight - all three of the following photos are SOOC (straight out of camera) - no editing at all. 

....this is taken in a room with hardly any light at all - only the light of the television (can you guess? Charlie & Lola of course!) and a teensy weensy bit of light coming through a blue twilight-lit door window.  the photo is a little disturbing, to say the least..

this photo was taken using the popup flash that is built into the camera.  there is nothing technically wrong with that flash, except that in most situations it will create a very harsh light, harsh shadowing, and sometimes red eye and is not adjustable at all.  this picture, as you can see, is far from good, being completely blown out and fuzzy.  


this is not necessarily the most beautiful of photos but notice the clarity in detail and how the light that's surrounding ava is a little more natural feeling.  she is still only being lit from the light of the tv and we were rapidly losing light from outside as the sun sank further down in the sky. 


my fave; while viewing in my camera and in my PC monitor, I was just astounded by the clarity and seemingly perfectly adjusted light.  it's not the best photo.....yet...but it's definately an improvement!

Thanks for taking the time to follow my journey! It is all extremely exciting for me and I feel honored to get to share it with no many people!

0 comments: