.

Ebony of Shadow and Silver of Snowy Slope

Wednesday, January 13, 2010
The night was clear and frosty, all ebony of shadow and silver of snowy slope; big stars were shining over the silent fields; here and there the dark pointed firs stood up with snow powdering their branches and the wind whistling through them. (Anne of Green Gables)

The above quote is what I imagine "winter" to be like.  Sitting here on the Gulf of Mexico, despite the 20below temperature, it is hard to picture winter ~ the only word to describe January here is simply gray

And this is all I can seem to do ~ day in and day out.........




I'm quickly trying to finish off all of my holiday hot cocoa ~ no thanks from my 2010 diet might I add....




But we are keeping quite occupied indoors regardless of the frosty chill outside...




Stay Warm!


0 comments: