.

' Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast' - fort walton beach photography

Monday, August 15, 2011
I have been dying to share this session with you all - this is a "concept shoot" I pulled together quickly for part of my daughter Ava's third birthday photos.  Think "Vogue" magazine and you'll realize that concept shoots are no new thing - fashion + photography has been creating stylized shoots for a long, long time but they are increasingly become more popular for the average-Joe's family photoshoot.  They can be based around a theme (summer picnic, the Beatles, sailing, etc) or a story or time period (Peter Pan, Marie Antoinette, the roaring 20's).  I chose "Alice in Wonderland" as the theme for Ava's concept shoot and she had an absolute blast helping me scavenge our home for odds and ends to piece together for her pictures.  We even had a "rocking-horse fly" by attaching butterfly wings to our beloved vintage rocking horse!  I have a couple more concept shoots coming up this fall with various clients that I can't wait to share; if you ever have an idea whether it's your favorite childhood book or family's favorite pasttime or just something you've seen in passing and you'd like to play it out in YOUR photo session - feel free to let me know!  Nothing's ever impossible if you can only imagine it!








1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curiouser and curiouser!